Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Email Letter - 07 January 2009

Hey Family,

So this week has gone by really fast. I think that it’s because we have been so busy with our three areas and our duties as the branch presidency. I can honestly say that this week has been one of the best of my whole mission.

Last Thursday I went out in the afternoon with Elder Johnson on divisions and the afternoon started out slow and I didn’t have much hope for it to be a good day but then after a few contacts I decided that we should go see one of our investigators. His name is Gabriel and he is the husband of one of our members. We went to the house and I told Elder Johnson that I wanted to teach about eternal families so we went in and we started talking about families and how we can live together forever and he said that he wanted to believe like we did but he just couldn’t so Elder Johnson testified and so did it and the spirit came into the room and then Elder Johnson looked at Gabi and asked if he really wanted to believe like really really wanted to believe and Gabi said that it would be nice to know that he could be with his family forever so Elder Johnson asked Gabi if we could kneel down and pray and asked him if he would do it. Gabi said that he didn’t want to so Elder Johnson looked at me and said “well can Elder King do it then?” Gabi of course agreed so we knelt down and the spirit was overwhelming.

I don’t think that I would ever be able to explain how powerful it was. I knelt down and had no idea what to say, my mind went blank but somehow the words just came out. When I finished the prayer and opened my eyes everyone was crying. It was amazing and it’s something that I could never forget. I learned so much that day and I can feel myself progressing every day.

Then on Saturday we went out to Vera which is another area in our zone for divisions with Elder Johnson and Elder Martin because we wanted to be there for their baptism. We had a lot of good contacts but the best part was of course the Baptism. It was and older guy that had a stroke when he was younger so he can’t really express himself but he wanted to be baptized so they taught him and the branch president did the baptism. This man can’t really talk but you could just tell from the smile on his face just how happy he was. The smile says everything. This gospel brings happiness!

On Sunday we had our testimony meeting and I felt that if I didn’t get up and share those experiences with the members than it’s like I’m ungrateful so I got up and bore my testimony about my experiences from the last week. I cried and so did many others. I would obviously brag about that because I cried but I just want you all to know how grateful I am for this opportunity I have to serve right now. I love you guys so much and I think about you often. Take care and enjoy the snow...BECAUSE YOU HAVE IT!!!

Tay

No comments: