Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Email Letter - 28 January 2009

Hey Fam,

This week has been a good one. We are still working hard of course and seeing results.

On Sunday I wasn’t able to be at the confirmation of my baptism because I had to speak in another branch with one of our zone leaders. It was rather sad for me because I think he wanted me to be the one to do it but it didn’t work out that way. I guess maybe I’ll be the one to give him is priesthood this week!

We had our zone conference on Monday in Resistencia and yes I got my package. The conference was awesome! I really love listening to President talk about doctrine. I guess it always helps to have a President that was in the Seventy before this calling. He talked to us about how important it is to have the spirit with us and how it affects those that we teach. When he teaches it’s like a race through the scriptures and I love it. He always speaks with such power so that we know he’s serious about how it can help us. He is awesome.

On Sunday when I spoke it was about charity and about how we need to serve others that are in need. I tied it into missionary work as well. I like to think that it really hit the people in the meeting but I’m just not sure. I love speaking in meetings as you know and it’s really been a blessing to be able to speak so much here.

On Sunday President Castillo will be coming here to give a capacitation on helping members financially because we have lots of problems with that here and he’s sick of it so he’s coming to “drop cane” as we like to say. It should be interesting. He’ll also be taking care of doing Temple Recommend interviews for the members that are traveling to the temple next month because they just installed the Recommends with barcodes here. After all of that he will be doing our regular missionary interviews.

I’m hoping that he will have some good news for me like I’m leaving to go to another area or something but I don’t think that is going to happen. Not much else has happened this past week other than I finished my year and burned a shirt...ill sent the video sometime and it’s been really hot. We should be putting a baptismal date with the mom of my first baptism this week so we will see how that goes.

I love you guys! Take care.

Tay

No comments: