Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Email Letter - 13 August 2008

Hey Family,

So things have been going well. We just had zone conference in Resistencia and it was great. It was our first one with President Del Castillo and his wife. It was a lot different for sure and we all miss President Shakespear but change is good. He is a lot more outspoken and up front with us about things. He asked us all at one point if we believed that we could have more baptisms, and of course we all said yes and then he said ¨Good because if we don’t do it who do you think will, the Jehovah’s Witnesses.¨ we all laughed so hard and then said that we could take care of it. He gave us lots of good ideas about a lot of things. He focused mostly on how we could get members to help us more and how to reactivate families. He is a funny guy. It was a great conference and I have a lot more knowledge of how to go about doing things that can help me be a better missionary.

After that like usual we went to the mission office for a few minutes so that we could get packages and other things like that...YES I FINALLY GOT IT!! Ha-ha. Thank you very much! I actually used one of the knee braces today when we played ultimate Frisbee as a zone in Saenz Pena.

Next week we have interviews with president and I’m excited to get to know him a little bit better. Not really a lot has gone on as of late and I wish that I had some families that I could tell you about but at this point I still don’t. It’s tough sometimes but I’m hoping that we can get back on track soon and get things moving again.

I’m excited for the boys to start football and school as well. Time is going by so fast and I just don’t realize it. When you sit down and think about how I’ve been here for almost 7 months it doesn’t really seem real. I still get homesick sometimes like right now when I think about dad and Quin's birthdays among many other in the family and birthdays of friends but I know that I’m here for a reason and its okay to miss a couple.

I’ve been a little under the weather the last few days but I think it’s just the fact that I’ve never really gotten over the sickness I had in the MTC. It’s not too bad but it’s just annoying sometimes. Overall I’m doing really well and I know that the lord will bless me if I keep doing his work. I love you all. Take care! HAPPY BITHDAY DAD!!!

Tay

No comments: