Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Email letter - 20 August 2008

Family,

so it has been an okay week. After we got back to our area last Thursday morning I started listening to the tape that you made for me and guess what, it broke! Just my luck right? I got to listen to the whole first side all the way through which means that I just missed listening to dad. It’s rather unfortunate but what can you do? This started one of the worst days of my mission. After that it was all downhill, I won’t go into detail about everything but the night ended with me getting into a remis (taxi) and ripping my pants on one of the pockets. It was a long day to say the least. I’m just glad that we have nice members that are ready and willing to fix stuff like that.

I do have some good news though...WE FOUND A FAMILY TO TEACH!!! I’m so happy. It is just a lady and her two girls who are both teenagers. We invited the girls to seminary and they went and loved it. That’s a good sign. The mom has tons of good questions and really they have had a sad life. We taught them about the restoration the second time we went and again they had good questions. They read everything that we gave them and when I left that lesson I could tell that they were sincere and that they would read and pray. I know that if they do it they will get their answer. It has been so long since I have been this excited to teach someone.

We had our interviews with President Del Castillo yesterday and they went well. He is just so up front and open about everything which is pretty cool. At one point in the interview he looked at me and told me that I looked like a leader and he could tell that I was just be looking at me. I thought that that was pretty cool and I’m excited to show him just how right he is. (I hope that didn’t sound cocky) after all I am in the Lord's work. Ha-ha.

I’m pretty sick again, I know what a surprise. It’s really starting to frustrate me that I can’t get over this sickness but I'm hoping that it will pass at some point. I’m really sick of being sick. It sounds like everything is going well and that you’re all getting excited for football season to start. I am too but it’s a little different for me this year because I won’t be there to watch from the sidelines like I usually am.

I was also happy to hear that dad's 40TH birthday was a blast with and ice cream party and a bunch of people singing. I’m sorry I missed it.

Today we went to the zoo again because we have lots of new people that didn’t go last time and when we got done taking pictures and walking around we played ultimate Frisbee again and it was so fun. I’m happy to have my knee brace so that I can start playing the way I want to when we're all playing together. Well fam, I love you all very much and of course I miss you as well. Take care all.

Tay

No comments: