Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Email Letter - 08 October 2008

Hey Fam,


So things are going well here and I loved Conference! It was so amazing. It’s a lot different down here for sure but it still gets here and it’s nice to get advice and comforting words from our leaders. It was cool because in the first session on Saturday two of the three from our area presidency took part in the session. Pres Bowen said the prayer and Elder Adukaitus spoke. We were also all really excited when they announced the building of the Cordoba Temple! I think everyone in the whole world was surprised and excited about the ROME, ITALY temple so I won’t go into that. Ha-ha.

It’s been a good week here, we found some new investigators and we got a couple of references from members and other Elders which should turn out to work for us really well and it’s really exciting. A couple of interesting things have happened in the last few days and they go as follows

1- I was cleaning up the pench and I found a little lizard under my luggage. I guess that pretty common here so nothing to worry about. We enlisted the help of our neighbor to help us get it out and everything is fine now.

2- We got the pench fumigated yesterday so that should help with the bugs and stuff that again are very common down here.

3- My companion and I started running 3 times a week a few weeks back but plans have changed on that one, we are now running to our gym everyday but Saturday and Sunday to go lift and work out. How cool is that! I’m for sure excited about that and I’m hoping to lose some of those lbs that I’ve put on. I’m ready to turn it into muscle.

Things have just been going well. Like I said we have a few new investigators and are working on these contacts to get more. It’s starting to really progress and I love it. We have been making some good contacts that aren’t too far away from the church and they seem really excited to listen. We went out contacting the other day and we clapped this house and a girl answered the door. Her name is Vanessa and she lives with her mom. We asked her about her religion and why she thought that there are so many these days and her response was...¨well we are catholic but we don’t really do anything¨ we laughed with her and she invited us in to talk to she and her mom. They are really nice and ready to listen and I hope they get baptized. I’m just happy to be where I am right now and ready to keep working with the people in Villa Angela. That’s all for this week but I love you guys.


Tay

No comments: