Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Email Letter - 22 October 2008

Hey Family,

So first things first...I GOT TRANSFERED! I’m going to a place called Reconquista, Santa Fe. It’s a place that not many missionaries get to go because we only have one zone in Santa Fe so the odds aren’t very good that someone will go. I’m pretty excited but I don’t know what to expect. I hear that my new companion is a nerd and doesn’t really like sports at all. So we are pretty much complete opposites to say that least. It’s going to take some getting used to but it will all work out.

That’s pretty crazy to hear about Chris. Is he home then? What are the odds? I didn’t think that something like that would ever happen to me or any of my friends. He’s going to be okay then?

So Sunday was mother’s day here in Argentina and we got invited over to a member’s house for lunch and the food made me sick. I haven’t been able to keep anything down and I just feel weak. I thought that I was over the sick phases of my mission but I guess not. It didn’t help that it was 110degrees yesterday and we were out walking around. It made it a lot worse I think.

The weather is so weird here. It was hot yesterday and it rained overnight and now it’s cold. It’s the most rain that Chaco has seen in a very long time. They needed it here and I’m happy they got it but it didn’t have to be so much.

So like I said I’m moving and I’m sick which made last night a very long night. I had to finish packing and it just made things more difficult when I had to throw up or go outside and use the bathroom. Needless to say I didn’t get much sleep so I’m hungry and tired and just not feeling my best.

On top of that I won’t get to my area until around 11pm tonight. What a long day of just sitting on busses. I guess that’s the life of being transferred.

I’ve been talking so much about wanting to leave and now that it’s happening I don’t want it to. We have some really good investigators and I have a feeling that they will get baptized soon and I won’t be there to see the fruits of my labor. I’m sure that I'll have some success in Santa Fe though and that’s why I’m going there.

I better get running because I’m only done with stage one of three in my transfer. I love you guys. Take care!

Tay

No comments: