Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Email Letter - 12 November 2008

Fam,

So this week again went well. We have been having a lot of good lessons and a lot of people that are getting ready to be baptized. the thing here is that there are a lot of people that are waiting for a divorce before they can get married and baptized and here divorces take almost a year to complete so that is going to take us some time to work with.

The week has been normal but it has been getting really hot lately. so a cool story...my comp and I went out on Thursday afternoon and while we were walking to our first appointment I felt like I should ask him how to perform ordinances like anointing and blessing and stuff like that, I didn’t know why I felt like I needed to learn but I did. So as we were walking he taught me how to do the anointing and when we got to our first house they didn’t have time to visit with us so we went to a less active member’s house who asked us if we could give them a blessing. I was happy that I could help for the first time in anointing and participating in that blessing.

then the next day we did divisions and I was working with Elder Smith in my area and while we were walking down the street we ran into a member that asked if we could give her a blessing so within two days I was able to anoint and then bless someone. It was such a blessing that I had the prompting to ask my companion how to do it so that when he wasn’t around I was able to do it. What a blessing it is to hold the priesthood so that I can help others in their time of need.

On Sunday we 9 people in church which was a little disappointing but we are working on that. I directed my first sacrament meeting and blessed the sacrament and spoke and gave a class. It was a lot to prepare for but it was fun to do. I’m hoping that before I leave here we will have people that can do most of that stuff for me so that I can focus on other things.

On Sunday night we had the Fireside broadcast to us from BYU with Bishop Burton. It was so fun to listen to him (even though it was in Spanish) he had some good counsel and some good stories. I’m glad that I’m in the branch presidency so that we can go to all of the transmissions and listen to the counsel that normally as missionaries we wouldn’t get.

Yesterday we went out to our other area in Villa Ocampo and had some awesome lessons with some new investigators. We found this new young family out there and they want so badly to know that it’s true so they are reading and praying and everything. It’s so awesome to see people that are just ready to listen to us. It has been such a good few weeks and it’s just going to get better. I love it here and I love the work. Today we are going bowling to finish up our p-day and we are excited about our thanksgiving dinner that we are having as a zone next week. I guess some things just don’t change even when you’re not at home. I love you guys. Take care

Tay

No comments: