Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Email Letter - 26 November 2008

Family,

So this week has been good. Our Mission President is making some pretty lame changes and I think it might result in my dying from the sun pounding on my head but we will wish for the best. I do wear my hat but that only does so much. We had a member telling us yesterday that just a little bit up the road near my last area is where the sun is nearest to the earth!! Crazy stuff huh.

It’s starting to get really hot now and its killer not to have air conditioning in the pench but we are surviving. Other than the heat things are going well. We are going to be having a meeting this week to start planning our branch Christmas party and I’m excited for that and I know the members are too because they all want to help us get it ready. They asked me if I was going to dress up as Santa and I told them that I would as long as it wasn’t over 100 degrees but I know for a fact that it will be much hotter than that so it’s not a problem. It should be good though.

On Sunday we had 15 people at church and it wasn’t the normal people that come so I think that if we can get everyone going at the same time we should have around 25 or 30 which would be a blessing. We have been working a lot with the family of our baptism because they all want to listen to us after what they felt and saw at his baptism. They seem very interested and ready to listen. It’s amazing how many doors this baptism has opened up for us. I’m so excited to get back to work with so many people and to have the success that I’ve been waiting for. The best thing about it is that he can help us teach and tell what he has felt while praying and receiving his answer. It helps him to remember the lessons that we taught him and to remember the doctrine that he needs to know to help his testimony grow.

I have been able to see the blessings that the Lord has been giving to me while I’m doing his work. Just like Grandpa King Shared with me today when Joseph Smith said that “no unhallowed hand can stop the work of the Lord from progressing.” I can testify that that statement is so true and I’m a witness of that now as I progress in the work. I love you all and I hope that everything is going well. Take care.

Tay

No comments: