Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Email Letter - 19 November 2008

Hey Family,

So things are really going well. I had my first baptism yesterday and I can’t tell you how amazing it was. I really have been blessed in the work that my companion and I have been putting forth.


















We have been working hard to get the branch back in to working condition but haven’t had much success in that. In church on Sunday it was just our investigator who is now our member and us so what we did was we blessed the Sacrament and then we just sat there and had a lesson with him about baptism. It was a good lesson but it would have been nice to actually have a sacrament meeting with more members. I guess we will just have to try a little bit harder to get that done.

On the other side we had a big turnout at the baptism. He had his whole family there and we had a lot of members and missionaries there to support him and it all went well. The spirit was there in great abundance and I felt overwhelmed but everything went well and I only had to do it ONCE!

So Elder Smith and I have started a diet, we signed a contract and everything. We are taking it very seriously because we have decided that we can’t go home fat. We aren’t too big yet but we don’t want to get there. We are going to be working hard in that so that we can come home lookin good. The bottom line is that I have been doing what they call percha or working hard you could say.

We have been doing everything that we can to get the success that everyone says you can’t have in this part of the mission. We will continue to work and work until we die. We had our thanksgiving dinner today and it was American style with stuffing and pumpkin pie and everything. The Casperson's did it all for us and we had the whole zone there. It was just like home but without the family. We went around the room and said what we are thankful for and I think we all were about to cry as we said our families. It was a great day and I’m so very grateful for all of my many blessings. I love you all very much. Take care

Tay

No comments: