Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Email Letter - 01 April 2009

Hey Fam,

Things are going very well here. We have been working a lot with members and we’ve been having success. So I have to tell you about what happened on Sunday. We found an awesome family last week which was an answer to our prayers. We have been fasting and praying to find a family to be baptized this month and I think we’ve got them.

So here’s what went down on Sunday. Well it actually goes all the way back to last Tuesday when we taught the family for the first time. It was a good lesson and then they went to our English class on Wednesday then we had another awesome lesson with them on Friday and then on Saturday the mom and the two girls went to the Transmission for the young women and loved it!! The whole family went to church on Sunday as well. They showed up and were very welcomed by everyone.

In our Branch we have the District President and his family and they are just perfect! They are helping us so much with befriending the family. Sister Dos Santos which is the District Presidents wife spoke about talents and I have to admit it’s probably the best talk I’ve ever heard a woman give. I’m sorry but it’s the truth.

After the meeting ended she went straight to the family along with like 5 other members to talk to them and then she looked at me and said “Elder are we going to teach Gospel Principles?” she said that in English by the way so that no one knew what she was asking and I said “we don’t have a teacher” she looked at me and said “Elder I want to teach them about eternal families so I will teach it” it was an awesome class and at the end she bore her testimony and the spirit filled the room. It was so amazing how powerful it was. After the class they stayed and asked her a few more questions and she was just another missionary.

I wish that you all could have been there. I can’t explain it with words. She’s probably my favorite member here in Argentina.

We went to teach them last night and they loved it all and are ready for conference. We also have President Castillo coming this Friday to give a missionary lesson for all members and investigators which is going to be awesome and they said that they are going to go to that also. If all of that wasn’t enough President Dos Santos and his family are going to have a family night with this family tomorrow and talk about prophets. I have so much faith that this is all going to work out and I’m counting my many blessings.

On another note we had divisions with some other Elders in our zone on Monday and I worked with Elder Avalos (my trainer) which was really fun and yesterday we had a district meeting where Elder Rapp and I talked about Unity. We have high hopes for our zone and I’m so happy to be here. That’s all for this week. I love you guys. Take care!!

Tay

No comments: