Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Email Letter - 29 April 2009

Hey Fam,

It’s been a pretty good week I guess it’s been pretty uneventful though. We did have another sweet lesson the other day with the Navarro’s. We went to teach them about the plan of salvation and it was amazing. We went with our branch president and his wife and quickly the conversation had turned into temple sealing. What happened is we had given the Gospel Principles book to study with because that’s the class that all investigators get and they had been reading about eternal families that morning and are already talking about being sealed in a year! They are so awesome and they are going to make it there and they will be so happy. It was also cool that we went with the branch president and his wife because they testified about their temple experience and the spirit filled the room again. I want to be at that house everyday!

Also we were on divisions and I was working with Elder Dueñas in my area and we were walking by the park and I saw a young family so I told him that be basically had to run to get to them before they crossed the street so we booked to them and did and awesome contact, it turns out that the guys brother was baptized about a month ago in the other branch. I feel like it was my job to have found this family because I was in the lesson that made the other guy stop smoking and get baptized. I actually took his cigarettes away and he promised me never to smoke again and he hasn’t! We went and taught them two days after we made the contact and they are so awesome! They are both 20 years old and have a little boy named Santiago (James in English) and they are exactly what we have been looking for. We are excited to see them progress and we will see how it goes.

On Sunday I spoke in church and I decided to speak about the atonement and the last week of Christ’s life. It was very powerful to be able to speak about our Savior and what he did and the example he was for us. I spoke mostly about the whole last week of his life and how big of an example he was by going to the temple three times in four days. I encouraged everyone to follow his example if at all possible and it was really cool.

Other than that nothing has been any different.

We have our interviews with President Del Castillo next Monday which I always look forward to and I will be sure to let you know how those go. I love you all and I’m glad to hear that everything is going well. Take care.

Tay

No comments: