Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Email Letter - 06 May 2009

Hey Fam, 

It’s been another good week and we have found a lot of new people to teach. We have been working a lot with the members to get references from them so that we can focus more on teaching with them as well. All of the members are so excited and we think that it’s because of the success we are having with the Navarro’s. It has really lifted the branch up to another level with excitement.

Tonight we have an activity planned for after our English class. We are going to watch the Testaments and we have invited all the members of both branches and told them that they could only come in if they bring a friend. Ha-ha. We are so mean. We have been working really hard to get them going and it’s starting to work.

President Del Castillo came on Monday to do our interviews and he is just so funny. My interview was just us two laughing and talking. He an amazing guy and puts so much trust into his leaders. The best part though was when he first got there I went out to greet him and he looked and me and said “Elder King, you look like you’ve lost weight!” it was so great! I loved it. I just wish I could have said the same for him. Ha-ha.

Things are going really well for us and we aren’t having any problems with the other elders in the zone like we were before. It looks like they have finally got a clue and are starting to work hard.

So it’s crazy to think that it’s already time to call home again. The time just keeps going faster and faster. I think now that I’m in an area that I really love with a companion that’s excited about the work as well it’s just been flying.

I love the people here and they love us and trust us. This morning we helped a couple members with their family history here in the cyber. We got onto the church family history website and helped them send names to the Temple and to check on the ones that they had already sent. It was my first time working with someone on that and I was very impressed with how cool it is. It makes me want to do it but I know that I don’t have to because both grandmas are working hard on it already.

It’s one of the things that we like to talk about with lots of people is how well the church has organized family history stuff and it gets us into a lot of houses because people are really interested in that kind of stuff.

Overall things are going really well and it’s been starting to cool off a bit so I’m really happy. I love you guys and ill talk to you on Sunday!! Take care.

Tay

No comments: