Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Email Letter 27 May 2009

Hey Fam,

Like always things are going good here. I’m doing much better as well. I went to the doctor last Thursday and he told me that I had an infection because I had gotten sick and didn’t give myself enough time to heal which caused the real sickness. I’m much better now and I’ve been working since.

Today we are in Corrientes Capital because tomorrow we have our Zone Leader meetings all day. We traveled late last night to get here and I’m really tired but the bus was amazing because we went on a different bus line that costs less and was ten times better. They gave us food and we had a waitress. It was like a plane. We are going to be playing soccer here with all of the elders which is like 50 or so and as much as I don’t like soccer I’m looking forward to playing with everyone.

On Sunday we had 6 investigators at church which was a mission high and we are working really hard. We should have had 8 but two ended up having to work. Things are going so well for us now but when we finally went out and worked last week all we got was rejections. One of the nights we were out clapping houses and we contacted 47 houses without anyone letting us in it was a night of rejection but now we are doing much better now.

Yesterday we went and taught a family that goes to our English class and they have lots and lots of money. They understood everything and it was such a good lesson. They ended up inviting us to stay and eat with them which was so fun. I have lots of hope for them but we will see.

On Sunday we went to the Catholic Church and it just made me feel so sick. It just made me see just how true our church really is. For every single thing they did Elder Rapp and I found scriptures in the bible that would have just ripped them apart but we sat there quietly and respectfully but it was just so horrible. I don’t like talking bad about other churches but you can just tell from going to ours and theirs that there is just much more happiness and love in our church.

That’s all that has happened in the last week but just know that I’m doing much better and I love the work. I love all of you guys! Take care.

Tay

No comments: