Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Email Letter 03 June 2009

Hey Fam,

This last week has been really good. I haven’t really been feeling much better because of all of the traveling but I talked to the area doctor yesterday because he and his wife came to our zone conference and he gave me some stuff to take. He says that it’s probably just allergies. He said that it’s common not to have any in one part of the world and go to another that’s completely different and have problems. We will have to see what happens.

So going all the way back to last Wednesday, we went out to the Capital and spent the day there like I told you last week and we played soccer with all of the missionaries and we all went to McDonalds and we went bowling and to Wal-Mart. It was a pretty fun day.

On Thursday we went to Resistencia for our zone leader meetings and it was once again amazing. President talked to us about the Restoration and all the small things that no one really looks at for his Doctrinal part. And we had a bunch of other stuff that they talked about as well. The cool thing was that President basically told all of the zone leaders that Elder Rapp and I are his favorites. Of course he didn’t just come out and say that just like parents wouldn’t just come out and say that they have a favorite child but it was pretty sweet and Elder Rapp and I loved it.

Then that night we were in our Taxi going back across the bridge from Resistencia to Corrientes Capital and there was a protest and we almost had to walk across which would have been horrible because we were in suits and had bags and it was raining and you never know who you might find that wants your stuff. In the end we made it across in the taxi and all was well. Then yesterday we went back to Capital for zone conference and I can’t explain once again how amazing it was. President talked about the first vision and again went into deep detail and the spirit filled the room. It made it worth the five hour ride and having to get up at 2am in order to get there on time.

Elder Rapp gave his last testimony yesterday because it’s his last transfer and they always ask the people going home to bear their testimony and it was amazing! He is such an amazing elder and I’m gonna miss him. This transfer doesn’t end until the 1st of July so I have a little bit of time left to keep working with him until I get a new comp. We were talking to President and His wife after conference and the Hermana Del Castillo told Elder Rapp that President is going to miss him. I think that we are all really attached to him. When he bore his testimony he talked about how he knows that President was called of the Lord to guide us and to get revelation just for our mission and that no one compares to him. I in that moment received that same confirmation and believe that he was called to lead us at just the right time. I love my mission and although it’s hard I wouldn’t trade my time here for anything. I love you guys and I think about you often. Take care!

Tay

No comments: