Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Email Letter 10 June 2009

Hey Fam,

Things are great as usual. We had an awesome lesson the other day! what happened was that we went to teach our awesome family that is going to get baptized (the Navarro's) and the 16 year old girl of the family invited one of her friends so we started teaching about the restoration and the family was basically teaching it for us because they have been studying so much and when we got to the first vision the 16 year old (Solange is her name) asked if she could tell the story so we let her. she started talking about how confused Joseph Smith was and how he had gone to lots of different churches just like she has looking for the truth and at that moment the room filled with the spirit. she went on and got the first vision and she told it in her own little way and I had to fight back the tears listening to an investigator that wasn’t really sure if she wanted to get baptized until last week talk so spiritually about the single greatest thing that has happened since Christ came to the world. It was amazing to see how much it has changed her life since when we met the family just 2 months ago. They all testified even the ten year old girl and they told the friend that she just needed to pray and to read and that she could feel the same. It was an amazing lesson and I don’t think that I’ve had much compare to it.

We have planned the baptism of the family for July 1st which is the day that Elder Rapp leaves. We are planning on doing it and then he will get on a bus 4 hours later. We are so excited about the progress that all of our investigators are making and I can tell that we are being blessed. It sounds like things are going really well at home and I’m glad to hear it. It’s going to be a lot different having dad sit with us in church when I get home and I’m sure it’s crazy for you already. I’ve need to go but I love you all and I think about you all the time. Take care. Love you

Tay

No comments: