Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Email Letter 17 June 2009

Hey Fam,

Things this week have been really good. On Saturday we had our interviews with President Del Castillo and then we went out to work and we got him to go along with us.

This was my second time working with him and I feel very privileged because of it. We went to two lessons and he taught with such power. He is like the perfect companion!! The spirit was in both lessons and I loved it. We had such a good time. Then on Sunday we had our District conference which was actually an area conference because they sent it via satellite to all of Argentina, Uruguay and Paraguay. In it our old area President spoke (Elder Lynn G. Robbins) and he spoke about the differences in the verbs “SER” and “HACER” which in English are “TO BE” and “TO DO” he talked about which is which when it comes to talking to your kids and how we need to spend more time with the family and things like that. It was really good for all of our investigators that were there and then Elder Perry spoke and it was a little bit harder to follow because he had a translator and they would take turns back and forth talking so it made it a little bit harder but he talked about Christ’s role in all things. To finish the conference President Eyring talked. I can’t explain how much I love that man. I remember when I was younger and I didn’t like conference because I didn’t really understand or just didn’t want to that President Eyring was one of the few that I always enjoyed and now as I’m older I appreciate it that much more. He spoke with such power to members and then to investigators about how this is the one true church and how we are so blessed to be members of it or at least to be listening to it. He talked about how much everyone needs this in their lives and how it’s our responsibility to share it with everyone we come in contact with. He gets so emotional when he speaks and he just has a voice of thunder. It’s amazing to listen to him.

Things have been going so well and I love it here. I have just two more weeks with Elder Rapp which is a little sad but we are so excited about the Navarro’s baptism that we don’t really think about anything else. We have lots of good investigators and I can see the Lords hand in this work. I love you guys and think about you often. Take care.

Tay

No comments: