Thursday, April 10, 2008

Email Letter - 09 April 2008

Hey Mom and Dad,

So things are getting better here this week.

I spent the last weekend in Saenz Pena with one of the zone leaders so that I could watch conference. What an awesome experience to listen and to sustain a new prophet. I think that I liked Elder Holland’s Sunday afternoon talk the best. Of course both sessions on Sunday were in the afternoon but you know what I mean. I couldn’t help but think about the family during many of the sessions because that all they talked about. I did love this conference a lot though.

Things are getting better and my knee is doing better as well. I can feel the blessings when I pray and you pray as well. I’m glad to hear that everything is going well there and that you’re all excited for the trip.

I’m back in Saenz Pena right now for divisions with the district leader and then we all get into a van in the morning and head to Resistencia for zone conference...5 in the morning. Oh dear!

To answer the questions about my bathroom and stuff, yes I have a shower but it’s just the bucket that heats up the water and we do have plumbing but it’s different and it’s taking some getting used to but it’s not so bad. Compared to other areas I lucked out with my house.

The Branch President’s wife does our laundry for 20 pesos a month which is awesome. They are a great family.

We have been teaching a lot and have 1 person with a baptismal date on the 26th, let’s hope it doesn’t fall through.

I have a funny story...last night when were out contacting there was a hole in the sidewalk and my comp didn’t see it and fell in. I felt so bad but it was so funny. He's okay, just a few scratches but he´ll live I think.

I’m getting used to only having Spanish in my life but it’s still tough to communicate sometimes.

I’m trying to figure out how to use the mail and when I do then I’ll send some paper mail to you. It should only take about two weeks to get to you but unfortunately yours takes forever to get to me. Don’t use pouch because that takes twice as long.

I have decided now hearing from other elders that you should send a package every 3 months because that acceptable I guess. Ha-ha.

I’m starting to get a hang of things but it’s starting to rain a lot and I don’t like the mud so now that just one more thing to get used to I guess. I think I’ll probably buy some boots to wear so that I don’t have to wash my pants every day.

I’m starting to do better with my Spanish and I can pretty much understand almost everything they say if they talk slow for me. We did our first service yesterday, cut down a lot of weeds from the branch presidents house using a shovel and spade which was hard and now I have blisters on my hands but that the difference here...no weed eaters. I’m going to run now but things are going better and I love you all very much.

Tay

No comments: