Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Email Letter - 30 April 2008

Mom and Dad,

So things are going well and we made another baptism date with another investigator named Nora. She is awesome and I’m hoping that all goes well and we baptize her within the next month.

We have transfers next week and I don’t think that I’m going anywhere and I don’t think my comp is either but you never know. The transfers are on Wednesday and I don’t really know how they work so I might not be emailing next Wednesday just a heads up.

We have interviews tomorrow with President Shakespear and I’m looking forward to talking to him because he is such a great man. He always has a smile on his face and only wants the best for us. He is like the dad more than the President which is cool. I’m going to miss him and the Hermana.

The more I hear about other areas the more I think that I lucked out, I’m starting to think even though I think that the people that are in my area are poor they are pretty much average here. It’s crazy how different things are.

I was happy to hear about Josh and Kevin H. but more happy to hear about Trevon because I was worried about him. It sounds like he should be okay though.

I sent off a package for Mom today but it also has pictures from the last week in the MTC and the first few weeks here which you should enjoy. It should be there in 15 days from today and if it’s not then tell me so that I can get my money back. When you send things the special way they are guaranteed and they should be a little bit faster. It sounds like the tape got there faster than the 15 they said so that’s good.

The other thing is for mother’s day I will be calling you because its cheaper for me to do that then it is for you to call me. I should be able to email or call you about that next week so that we can set up the time and everything.

So last Friday we had an activity in the Roma (branch) and only like ten people came. Sad huh. We´ll try another one in the next few months and I think that it will be a better turn out when I can actually help plan. Ha-ha.

I’m still getting better and better at Spanish as they weeks go by...or at least that’s what I’m told. the problem is that they speak in Vos so some people I can understand and some I can’t but I’ve figured out a way to study verbs better and with the Lord’s help I’m figuring it out as I go.

To be honest with you I have been pretty sick for the last few days. It’s the same cold as I had in the MTC but it’s getting worse because of all the dirt so I’m working with Hermana Shakespear on that and with prayer I’m hoping that it gets better soon.

I’m looking forward to talking to you in just over a week and I think about you often. I love you all and thank you for all that you do for me. You’re the best family I kid could ask for. Thank you for helping me get to where I am today. Love you.

Tay

No comments: