Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Email Letter - 23 April 2008

Hey mom and dad,

So this week as been good. We are actually in our own area for p-day which is a nice change but the bad part is the computers aren’t as nice or nearly as fast. Oh well.

I’m glad to hear that the trip went so well and that you all had fun. It was different for me not being there either but I’m on a nice trip myself...if you can call it that.

We have had some interesting things happen the last few days, we were contacting on Sunday afternoon and we ran into this guy that was sitting on his porch with is daughter drinking maté of course but we started to talk to him and he invited us to sit down so that we could teach him a lesson. Turns out that the guy and his wife are having some problems getting along so we decided to turn the lesson toward families and busted out the proclamation to the world on families and started to read bits and pieces with him. Eventually his wife showed up and we talked with both of them. We are going to start teaching them this week and have a really great lesson planned.

The other was on Monday night we were contacting again and ran into this older lady, when we started talking to her she started crying as well and talked about how she is sick and how her kids are all having problems with their spouses and how hers left her awhile back...she’s like 70 so I felt bad about that. She asked if God really loved her why would he let all of that happen to her. We talked to her about the Atonement a little bit and are excited to go back and talk about that more with her as well.

We finally made a baptismal date with the Do Santo family that I told you about on Saturday for May 10th. They came to church and are really excited. We just need to get the inactive dad to marry his...well girlfriend that has had 7 kids for him and they are golden. Remember that the dad is just inactive and we´re trying to work with him as well.

After what mom said in her email about guys calling about my package I’m a little worried that it’s not going to get here and that’s not a good thing. The other day while doing service for a family in the branch I tripped in the ditch that we were cleaning out and I twisted my knee...oops. It’s a little sore but not too bad when I take the ibuprofen. I’m still trying to get over this cold that I’ve had since the MTC and all the dirt isn’t helping with all my sneezing but I’m really doing just fine. Just small things that aren’t too bad. I eat well and I think that I’m still around the same weight as I was when I left the MTC.

It has been really hot as of late and the sun just beats on you like you’re getting punched in the face and its horrible when the humidity is really bad as well but Hermana Shakespear made a rule that we all have to have a cowboy hat or some sort of protection from the sun on days like that so it’s a little bit better when I’ve got that on.

It’s awesome that the jazz are doing so well and keep giving me updates because I’m not allowed to check for myself. As far as Quin goes I think that you should play him up if he wants to. I think it would be better for him to get into the system and work with the better coaches but tell him to start working with Josh or Sean or someone on throwing the ball if he wants to play quarterback...this is when I wish that I was at home to help.

Tell Sean that I’m proud of him and Carter as well in stepping it up in school. I got mom’s present done today and I should be sending it out next Wednesday when we´re in Saenz Pena again for interviews with President. I only get my mail when I’m there because the zone leaders get it and we´re two hours away so it’s hard to get it from them. I love you all so much and think of you constantly.

Love, Tay

No comments: