Thursday, May 8, 2008

Email Letter - 07 May 2008

Hey Fam,

So things have gone well this week.

Last Thursday we had our interviews with president and he is just amazing. I think that he´ll be a Seventy after he finishes his mission here because he just speaks with such authority and love. He has an answer for everything and it’s perfect.

I didn’t get transferred which means at least another month and a half with my trainer in Villa Angela which I’m happy about because I want to stay here.

I don’t think we´ll have any baptisms for a least a few more weeks because of some problems we´ve run into but we´re still working with our investigators and they are progressing along. We have been working a lot with inactive members and have had good success at getting them to come to church which is amazing. I think I’ve figured out why we have so many inactives in this branch though...lots of people don’t like the branch president which is really sad but that’s why they don’t come to church anymore but like I said we´re working on that.

I’m excited to call home on Sunday obviously and I’m glad that it’s not right after a crazy transfer. The language is always getting better and I’m starting to be able to help my comp out a little more with questions that people have. It gets better every week and I hope that one day it just clicks. One thing that my comp is going to start doing he said is that when they have a question he’s going to have them speak really slow and ask me. Ha-ha. I think that might help. One thing that I have been doing is when we´re walking down the dirt filled streets and I think of a verb that I don’t know I write it down on a 3 by 5 card and look it up later, I have a nice long list but its working great.

Things are going well and I love all of you to death. Thank you for all that you do for me and I’ll talk to you Sunday. Love you.

Tay

2 comments:

karli-alyn said...

jared-
you need to post his emails :) haha you are getting a little behind!

jake roi said...

Sorry Karli - updates now available. Thanks for the reminder!