Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Email Letter - 28 May 2008

Hey Fam,

So it finally rained!!! It’s good for the people and I’m happy for them but it sucks for us because all the roads are just muddy now.

So I have to tell you about my horrible week and then we´ll see if I can think of anything good. Ha-ha. So in the last week we have killed three of our five best investigators...well actually we had one quit on us. her name is Nora and she was about to have her baptismal interview but we had to switch her baptismal date twice for one reason or another and she decided that because it had been switched SO MANY times that God didn’t want her to be baptized so she told us that she didn’t want us to teach her anymore. It was really sad for me because everything was fine and she has member friends and everything but we just chanced it a few too many times. As far as the others go we had to drop the DoSanto family because they were never home so we never taught them. The other family left to live in Córdoba because that’s where all the work is. We have had a few investigators that have gone to work there because no one can get work here in Chaco.

It’s been a rough week. We do have a new family though that we found the other day and they live close to the church as well which is so much better because it’s just a 2 minute walk instead of a half hour or more. Ha-ha.

So the Hermana that makes us lunch every Saturday has this son that is 16 and had hair like a girl and refused to cut it...it was the Hermana´s birthday on Monday and she has been asking him to cut his hair forever so I thought that I would give a little back to her because she does so much for us, I paid her son $100 pesos to cut his hair for his mom and he did it. She almost cried. I’m not telling you this to brag or anything but it was so special to her and so I thought that it would be something to share with all of you. The American dollar is now worth four pesos so it was only $25 US dollars for me. It was a nice feeling because she always helps us. And to tell you the truth he actually likes it. Ha-ha.

It has been tough with losing all of our investigators but our zone has a plan to help us out and all but one companionship is coming out to our area next Tuesday and we´re all going to split up and bomb Villa Angela in order to find families to teach. I’m excited for ¨the bomb¨ and I think that it will help us greatly.

I’m doing well here but we are having some trials as of late but I know that the lord with help us if we ask. I want you to know how much I love you all and how often I think about you. Thank you all so much for your prayers and for your love. I miss you all greatly and not a day goes by when I don’t think about you. I love you.

Tay

No comments: