Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Email Letter - 21 May 2008

Hey family,

So I’m glad to hear that all is well...except for the water mess. Ha-ha. Our city still doesn’t have water as a whole but our landlord worked out something and we have running water again so we have it made...for now.

This has been a long week so far and it’s not getting any shorter but it’s really been good. We had zone conference in Resistencia on Monday so on Sunday after church we traveled to Saenz Pena and on Monday morning our whole zone traveled to Resistencia at five am, yes I said five. We all woke up at four and got ready and went on our way. It was a really good conference and I think that its Presidents last which was sad for me because he’s such a great man. He spoke to us about the plan of salvation and it was amazing to look at it from a few different views. Then Hermana Shakespear spoke to us about the power of music. She is also a great speaker and I enjoyed it a lot.

After the conference we went and had to sit in the office for about 6 hours because the guy that drove us to conference from Saenz Pena was sleeping in the van and someone came along and stole the keys so we were stuck until he could get another one made. We finally left and got back to Saenz Pena at around midnight and got into bed around one. I then had to wake up at five to get to the bus station by 6 so that I could work in my area on Tuesday with my district leader.

It was a long hot day and it was so humid which always just kills us. Then we went to bed and had to get up this morning at 5 so that we could get on a bus and come back to Saenz Pena for p-day. I leave on a bus tonight at 7 to get back to my area so that I can work there tomorrow. It’s been a long few days but that’s the life of a missionary.

Things are going well other than all the travels and we are hoping to get with some investigators this weekend and make some baptismal dates that will actually come through. I’ll let you know on that though. I’m glad to hear that Mom’s birthday went so well and that you had a nice fun trip with the Binghams. I was sad to hear about the Jazz but it always happens it seems like, so I’m used to it as we all are.

I love you all very much and ill write you again next week just like always. Take care.

Tay

ps. I talked to Elder Hemmert and he should have already called you. He is trying to work it out with a family that is coming down to just bring the package with them so just have it sent back to you and we’ll just work it out. Sorry for the hassle but just have it sent home.

I told Sean to have you buy me some shoes as well to put with my stash so just take some money out of my account or something. I’ll call the office again and tell them to call you. Thanks for everything Mom and Dad. Love you

2 comments:

karli-alyn said...

jared- this is a gentle reminder that it is now june and you havnen't updated yet...don't worry i still love you. but the anticipation sometimes kills me! haha

jake roi said...

Dear Karli - Sorry sorry sorry. I don't know what's gotten into me.

Updates are now available!