Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Email Letter - 18 June 2008

Hey family,

So I’ll start with the phone call that I got on Saturday morning from my zone leaders saying that we needed to get to the supermarket and buy as much food as we could but enough for at least a week, it was really just in time and I know that President Shakespear must have received some revelation because Saturday night is when it got really bad. The markets ran out of milk among other things. Ha-ha. Life as a missionary in Argentina. Now I’ll explain why, the president of Argentina is making some bad decisions in the eyes of a lot of people but especially the farmers so they are blocking all of the major roads in almost every province in the country and won’t move.

This is especially bad because we are trying to do transfers this week and it’s just getting worse not any better. As of right now I’m stuck in Saenz Pena with my two zone leaders. I’m getting a new comp who is stuck and can’t get to me and my old comp left already. A quick side note, in order to get to Saenz Pena we had to take a taxi and go in dirt roads and stuff. It was so crazy but quite an experience. We are hoping that they will at least let some busses pass so that we can get missionaries to their areas but I’m pretty sure that there will be a lot of people taking back roads to get to where they need to be this week. It’s a little crazy but its fun as well.

So I’m sorry to hear about another water mess but look at the bright side...at least you have water.

As far as my package goes, that’s pretty sweet that Danny Russell is bringing it and I’m sure that it will get here way faster but just send it to the mission home and I’ll get it in a couple weeks when I’m there for zone conference. I had no idea that Danny was doing that kind of stuff but it’s pretty cool.

So other than the road blocks and no one having food things are going well. We have a few families that we are excited to teach and one that is progressing really well that I’m so ready to baptize. Ha-ha.

So the Hermana that feeds us every Saturday came down hard on the other Hermana's in our branch on Sunday. She was teaching them about missionary work and asked why none of them have been helping us with our appointments and why they haven’t been feeding us. That’s when the branch president’s wife chimed in and told all of them that we didn’t have any food and we don’t have any money to get food so they need to feed us. These two Hermanas would do anything for us and they are basically our moms here. One washes all of our clothes and the other feeds us every week. It was funny because that same day right after church we had two other Hermanas ask us when we could go have lunch at their houses. Hna Suarez and Hna Gomez are our life savers and we love them.

So my new companion that I haven’t met yet is a gringo which means that I get to speak English!!! (I’m not so sure that’s a good thing because my Spanish wont progress as fast) I’m still excited though. I hear mixed reviews about him so we´ll see how things go. I’m sure everything will be fine and I hope that we have lots of success together but I’ll have to tell you more about him next week because I don’t know him yet.

I’m a little bit sad to hear that they changed the regions around and that Provo won’t have the good old Timpview rivalry anymore but it will probably be good for both schools. It sounds like Provo got put into the weaker region though which is a little interesting but whatever.

Anyway I want you all to know how much I love you and appreciate all that you do for me. Take care and I’ll write next week. Love you!!!

Tay

No comments: