Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Email Letter - 25 June 2008

Hey Fam,

So first things first, we had our last zone conference with President and Hermana Shakespear...for real this time. They are really leaving this weekend. He got up to give his doctrine lesson for this conference and starting by bearing his testimony of the work and of the gospel. It was really powerful and moving to hear him share his love for us. Next week we will meet President Castillo and his wife and two daughters that he’s bringing with him. It will be different but it will be good.

So I got my new comp finally ha-ha and he is a little bit different. His name is Elder Adams and he’s from Arizona, he has been here for 17 months and people still can’t understand him. More often than not I have to ¨translate¨ for our investigators and members. It’s a little hard because lots of times I don’t fully understand myself what he is saying or what our investigators are saying but I’m getting there. I would say that by the end of this transfer that I’ll be able to understand just about everything and then pretty soon after I’m hoping to be able to speak in the way that I want to.

I have had to work a lot with my patience with this one but it is helping me to grow for sure. I am very grateful for Elder Avalos and what he taught me with doing all the books and things because my comp doesn’t really like to help me with those either. He’s a little bit stuck on worldly things like girls and music but I’m doing my best to look past all of that and work with him. He has a bad past of breaking rules with other comps and that worries me a little bit but it also shows that president has a lot of confidence in me and trusts me to work hard and to help him to do the same.

I have been told that I should move up fast into leadership positions if I don’t get put into the office. It’s a little scary but I would love to be a zone leader or something for a long period of my mission. People think that I'll move up to district leader not next transfer but maybe the one after and then train and then move up from there. Scary thought for sure but it would be fun I think. Ha-ha.

Today we had the whole zone in Saenz Pena again and we played basketball and went out to lunch. It was way fun but I just found out that there are golf courses in Resistencia and in Posadas (Missiones) and so I wanna go there to hit up some golf. Ha-ha.

Overall things are going well and I’m getting better and things because I’m in a position where I have to. We will see how it all works out but I’m trying to be as positive as I can. I love you guys so much. Take care of yourselves.

Tay

No comments: