Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Email Letter - 10 September 2008

Hey Fam,

So this last week was pretty fun. On Sunday we decided to take a trip out to Saenz Pena for the baptism of a guy that I know really well. It’s actually a pretty cool story. This guy’s family was baptized in January but he had a phobia about leaving his house and so he couldn’t go to church and couldn’t be baptized with his family. He has been in his house for two years and finally overcame it and started going to church and they baptized him on Sunday. He was so happy and we were all happy for him.

That night we went to a party with some members of a different branch and so there were six elders at this house with a bunch of members, we started to get bored so we livened it up a bit. We were trying to think of what we could do for a cool video and not tell the members what we were doing so we came up with someone was going to get slapped in the face. My comp volunteered and I volunteered to slap him. So one of the elders started filming and he went around the whole room asking people’s names and stuff then he went through all of the elders and ended with me and my comp. my comp turned his face and I gave him a good slap in the face. Oh my gosh we were all laughing so hard we were crying. The members were at first shocked at what had just happened that they didn’t started laughing until like 5 seconds passed. It was great. We didn’t tell the members that it was planned so they think that I was just mad at my comp or something. We are so funny I know.

After that we went outside and you guys don’t know this but there are always horses just wandering in the streets so my comp decided to mount one and we got some good video of that. It was a fun night.

We have been trying to come up with things to do when we get bored and we are all in the same area and last week we made a video called ¨the black ninja¨ I can’t really explain it but I’ll be sending it home pretty soon.

As you know we had transfers today and by now I’m sure you have guessed that I didn’t move once again. That means that I will be in my first area for at least 7 ½ months which is 1/3 of my mission in the field. I am kinda burned out in this area but I will just have to suck it up for another month and a half and keep working. It will be okay I think.

I’m excited to contact that area that I had mentioned about a week or two ago and I know that we will finally have a baptism this transfer. I am staying here with Elder Adams again so no new comp either. It will be a good transfer I think. I just have to look at it as a good thing that I’m staying here and that the lord has a purpose for me here. I love you guys. Take care.

Tay

No comments: