Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Email Letter - 24 September 2008

Hey Family,

So this week has gone by so fast. We have been really busy doing lots of crazy stuff to get ready for meetings and conferences and lots of other things. On Monday we had zone conference which was...well a lot different to say the least and not a lot of people liked it. I mean it was good in a lot of ways but at the same time it was horrible because we didn’t eat and we didn’t have all of the zones we usually do so we didn’t get to see everyone. It was good because it moved to a smaller room in the church and we all got to participate a lot more with all the things he was teaching us. It’s just a change that we will all have to get used to.

Then yesterday my comp and I did divisions with the zone leaders. It was a lot of fun to work with an elder that was just excited to work. And when I told him that it was my ¨cumplames¨ which means that I just finished another month in the mission! I’m now 1/3 done with it all and it’s going by fast. It was just a fun day full of stories and hard work out in the heat.

We have started having some success this last week with getting into people’s houses and I’m enjoying the work. I hope that it continues. I’m getting excited for general conference and we are having a district priesthood meeting this Sunday with one of the counselors of the mission to talk about mission plans in branches and wards to help make the work progress. I hope that it all goes well and helps the members work a little bit harder to help us out.

Oh cool story...last night I was in Saenz Pena with Elder Hemmert one of my zone leaders and he woke up to a noise in the middle of the night and saw a man standing outside the window!! Uh scary! He decided not to wake me up but he sat there for a minute wonder whether or not he should go try to catch the guy. After a few minutes he decided that he didn’t want to risk it. So when we woke up in the morning he told me all about it and the power was off. We went outside and wires had been cut and they had stolen the motor for the water. So we are without water to shower and without electricity. It was kinda weird and a little scary but it’s all good. They should get it fixed and be alright. I’m just glad it’s not my area!

I’m gonna run for this week but I love you guys! Take care.

Tay

No comments: