Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Email Letter - 3 September 2008

Family,

So not much has really happened this past week. We were out contacting a reference and it was in an area that I’ve never been and I was looking around and there were just tons of young families outside or out walking in the street and it was crazy. I looked at my comp and said we are coming back here to contact. He agreed with me because I’m the one that’s really in charge and we will be heading back there tomorrow I hope. I’m excited about that but I’m worried that we will find some awesome families and then I will get transferred next week. It will still be way awesome but and the same time I would love to work with them when we find them.

So I just kind of mentioned that we have transfers next week and I’m excited but a little nervous. I feel like it’s my time to move but at the same time I thought that last time and I stayed so we will see. It would be nice to move so that I can get to know other parts of Argentina and other members and missionaries as well. It is a different experience when you have no idea whether or not you will stay or go.

So this Friday my comp and I are in charge of doing the Fe En Dios...faith in god for the primary. I came up with this cool idea to buy preach my gospels for all of the little kids 8-12 years old and we are going to teach them how to use them and teach them how to talk to friends at school about the gospel. It’s a lot different when you don’t have a ward or stake to buy them for everyone and you have to do it but it makes you feel better I think. I’m so excited to teach them and show them how to use what I think of as more scriptures. It really is an amazing book that I know will bless them and their families. I also came up with this cool idea to put a picture of my comp and I inside of the cover with our testimonies about how the book has blessed our lives. It’s such an awesome thing. I hope that it goes well and that they understand everything that we are teaching them.

Just a quick update on that family that we found a few weeks back. They mom has been working more than she and we had thought so we haven’t had many opportunities to teach them. We call and go by to check up on the girls and make sure that they are reading and praying and I still have faith that they will get baptized even if I’m not the one to do it.

That’s pretty much all for this week. Know that I think about you often and that I love you all. Thanks for the support. Take care.

Tay

No comments: