Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Email Letter - 17 September 2008

Hey Fam,

So things have been going really well down here and a lot has happened in the last week. The first thing is that I have started running in the mornings! It makes me feel good and I have talked Elder Adams into running with me and not just watching. I’ve realized that I need to get into shape now and not decide to when I get home.

I got a blender last week and we have enjoyed making shakes and there is an elder in our zone that worked at jamba juice and taught me how to make strawberries wild which is just amazing. It’s a wonderful thing to have and probably one of the best buys I’ve ever made in the mission. We have been eating with our dueno a lot. I’ve talked about him before, his name is Lucho and he’s just funny. All we have is asado which is just argentine bbq. We just eat steak and it’s great. He always tells us that there is nothing better in life than steak and coke. He`s on a quest to eat asado everyday for a week. His wife always gives a crap because she says that we eat so much asado that we won’t be able to walk anymore. That’s why I have stated to run. We haven’t eaten it with him every day but two of them we have and it’s been great. He wants me to send his love to you

Now that I have gotten all of that out of the way I’ll tell you how things with the work are going. We started contacting in a new area again that’s close to the church and we are finding lots of good people that seem like they are willing and ready to listen. We are going to work with them and keep trying to find more new people that we can teach and bless. I feel like we are getting close to the people that we need to find and I will keep praying that we do so that they can be as blessed as we are in our lives. I love this gospel and I know that it can bring many great blessings into peoples’ lives as well. I have felt so many blessings in my life because of this church and that’s why I’m here, to help others to feel the same.

I am very excited to keep working in this area. The other day we were walking to the church after making a few contacts because we had our weekly meeting with the branch president to talk about things that we can do to make things progress and one of the little kids from and old investigator family chased us down. When I realized that he was running after us we stopped and started to talk to him. I looked down at him and he said ¨my mom lost her Book of Mormon and she wants a new one so that she can keep reading¨ you don’t know how happy I was to hear that! I opened my bag and gave him one to give to her. We dropped this family about 3 months ago and it was sad for me because they are awesome. It’s the Benitez family, I don’t know if you remember them but they are so awesome and I was sad to leave them but she started working two other jobs so that she could take care of her six kids so we didn’t have time to teach her. They have been to church and activities and I know with just a little help that they’ll be ready to be baptized. He asked us when we could go by the house to teach them again and he told me that his mom stopped working one of the jobs and she’s home at night every night. We went by and set up an appointment. I’m so happy and I can’t even explain it. I hope that I can tell you soon that they are getting baptized.

At first I was mad that I was staying here and then this happened. I know now that I’m supposed to be here and I’m happy. I gotta run for this week but I love you guys. Take care and tell titan hi for me. Love you!!

Tay

No comments: