Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Email Letter - 10 December 2008

Hey Fam,

So things are going well down here and we are going to be having some big big changes this week in our district. President Del Castillo is going to be coming down to give us a new district president and to reorganize the boundaries and close one of the branches.

We are going to be getting lots more members and by lots I mean like 25 active members. That's like three times as many as we have every Sunday so it’s going to be good. We are very excited and from what we think my comp and I will stay as branch presidency but have Elder Smith and his comp as more help.

The reason that this is all happening is because the couple that we had serving in our area went home last week. We miss them so much and we are hoping the best for them. We think that one of the zone leaders will become the new branch president and his comp will be the secretary with two locals being the counselors. It should be interesting but we will see and I will let you all know how it goes in next week’s letter.

We have been trying to keep up the hard work but the heat and humidity just wears us down to the point where it’s just hard to walk. We get so tired but we just keep trucking along. Sometimes it’s tough but I can tell you that I have felt the help from our lord in all things as we serve him. We should also be traveling to Resistencia next week for zone conference which is always a treat with our wonderful but very direct president. Ha-ha. We love him but he was in the Seventy and it’s his way or the door with no questions asked.

Yesterday we had divisions and I was with...you guessed it Elder Smith. We had fun and worked hard. We talked a lot about home because it was my birthday and we are getting close to Christmas so we got ourselves a little “trunky” that’s what all the missionaries say when they think about home or something reminds them of home. Overall it was a good birthday but it could have been a lot better spent in the States with my good friend the snow.

I just want to tell you all how much I love you and how thankful I am to have you as my family. Thanks to everyone who emailed me! I think you all set a new mission record with the 43 emails I got! That’s something to be proud of and it took me almost an hour to read them. Thanks so much for the love and support. I love you all! Take care.

Tay

No comments: