Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Email Letter - 17 December 2008

Family,

So this week a lot of stuff has happened. I’m going to start with Saturday and it went like this. On Saturday afternoon we had a meeting with our mission president, President Del Castillo where we talked about all of the changes that were going to take place the following day about Closing down one of the branches among other things. So we all sat down and he told us that one of our zone leaders is the new district president and after that we pulled out the maps of the new boundaries which included closing one of the branches and in turn making my area twice as big. I’m soooo excited about that...not!! It will actually be really good for us though because we got lots of new members.

He then announced that he would be making the other companionship the branch presidency which makes me just a regular missionary!!! I’m really excited now because I can just focus on the work. But wait the day gets better. We were about to finish up the meeting and President asked us who he was going to be working with to finish the day which was 5 more hours. And while all 6 of us missionaries sat there quiet, yes including the zone leaders I decided to raise my hand and try to impress the guy so he said “wonderful! Looks like I’m going to work with Eder King and Elder Patterson for the night” so we all went out and visited some inactive members and one of our investigators. I can only say that I have gained a lot of respect for President Castillo and I found out what he is really like on a personal level. I have realized that I don’t have to agree with everything he does but it doesn’t change the fact that he’s a good teacher and a nice man.

Then on Sunday we had our meetings where he announced the changes. I think for the most part everyone is happy and I think that it will work out great. On Monday we had our zone conference in Resistencia where president talked about how well he and I worked and shared some of what we did and how we did it. I think that he was impressed and I’m hoping that that night will end up working in my favor for moving up and getting more responsibility. It was a good conference where president talked about the importance of fasting and asked us if will we now start fasting not only the first Sunday of every month but the second as well so from now on our mission will be fasting at least two times a month if not more. He explained the power of fasting and how it will help us grow and have more success as a mission.

He told us about how our mission had 76 baptisms in November which has only happened two times in the history of this mission and that every single area in the mission has had a baptism this year which has never happened before. We are doing the work that most say cannot be done and I can see and feel the lord’s hand in all things. It’s amazing to be in this work and to see the change that the gospel brings in others lives.

I got a call Monday night from Elder Adams my last comp who asked me what I did to impress President so much. So I asked him what he was talking about and he said that in their zone Conference President just talked again about how well we worked together and about the things that we can all work on to become better missionaries. I was surprised to hear that he talked about that night of work even when I wasn’t there. It was a great day and made me feel much better about the work that I’m doing.

This week we are going to be having our Branch Christmas party and I’m getting excited for that. I think that I’m going to be singing something and I think that I might have talked the other elders into singing with me. I hope it all works out. I love you guys and I’m excited to talk next week. Take care and know that I think of you all often. Love you!!!

Tay

No comments: