Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Email Letter - 11 February 2009

Hey Fam,

This week has been a good one. Our practice baptism went well and I think that we will put a date with her to get baptized next week sometime.

It has been really, really hot the last few days because it rains in the mornings and then the sun comes out in the afternoon and makes it super humid. I feel like I’m in the middle of a football game but with a shirt and tie on because I sweat so much. It’s crazy. Yesterday there were some members laughing at us because we were sweating so much and then they reminded me that it’s snowing in Utah right now. It was a shot to the heart to hear about the snow.

We have been working hard and actually have had a lot of success finding people to teach. The problem is that I think most of them just want to listen and not really read or pray and that’s the key! If they don’t do that how are they ever going to get a testimony? Its hard sometimes to know what we’ve got and teach people that don’t really want it for themselves.

The Branch is wearing me out. My comp always talks about how stressful it is for him but all he does are interviews and leaves everything else to me. I’m stressed and it’s hard to take care of a Branch and be a missionary. I think that maybe in the next set of transfers we will get some help or I will get moved.

Even though it’s hard finding new people to teach and actually having people come to church it has helped me to stay happy and focused in the Lord's work.

I think about you often and I appreciate your prayers on my behalf. I love you guys. Take care.

Tay

No comments: