Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Email Letter - 25 February 2009

Hey Fam,

So some big news this week…IM MOVING!! I’ll be moving to a place called Paso De Los Libres, Corrientes. It’s just right across the river from Brazil. I’m pretty excited and I’m going to be a Zone Leader as well. My new comp is Elder Rapp. I don’t know him but I hear he’s pretty cool. One of the coolest things is that Elder Avalos (my trainer) is in that zone as well so I will have the chance to work with him again.

I guess hard work does pay off. President Del Castillo called me yesterday morning to tell me the news. I was very happy. I answered the phone and he said “Elder King the Lord has called you to be a Zone Leader” I found that very cool the way that he said it. Not I have called you but the Lord has called you. It made me think a lot about why I’m here and what I’m doing and who it’s for.

The Lord has called me to serve him and now I have an even greater responsibility to do it in his way. I’m sure that it will be very humbling which is always a good thing for me and I’m looking forward to the challenge.

I have learned a lot here in Reconquista and I won’t ever forget the people or the branch that my comp and I with the Lords help have put together to function. It has helped me prepare for where I’m going now and for other leadership opportunities that I will have in the future. I’m happy to be putting my reading of the church instructions book down and to start reading Preach my Gospel again.

I will have about a 12 hour bus ride which is something that I’m not looking forward to but I will willing sacrifice my night in a bed for a night in the bus to get to my other area.

I have seen miracles here in Reconquista and it was very emotional yesterday saying goodbye to the people here and in Villa Ocampo. The Speranza which is the family that has been trying to reactivate was probably the most emotional because they kept thanking me for helping get them back to church and back on track in what they know is true. It was hard to say goodbye to them and to my baptisms but I know that they will be taken care of by Elder Alarcón and his new comp.

I’m looking forward to writing next week to let you all know about my new comp and area. I love you guys and hope all is well. Take care.

Tay

No comments: