Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Email Letter - 18 February 2009

Hey Fam,

Things here are still really good. We are actually really bored on P-days because there is nothing to do. I think that today we are going to try to see if the Catholics will let two Mormon missionaries into the cathedral to take pictures. You will be sure to know how that goes because I’ll send pictures if they allow it. That’s the fun that we have here in Reconquista.

Nothing really cool has happened this week to tell you about. Last Saturday we went and taught that girl that we did the practice baptism with two weeks ago to put a baptismal date with her for this week and she told us that she didn’t want to get baptized. Yup you read correctly, she doesn’t want to get baptized. She still comes to church and goes to young women but doesn’t want to get baptized. It was like a dagger to the heart. It’s sad when you know that someone has a testimony and does everything like a member and nothing is keeping them from receiving salvation but they just don’t want to. It was a hard day for me but we will continue to try to work with her.

One big thing did happen on Sunday! The story goes all the way back to before I even got here. While I was in Resistencia waiting for my bus to come here I had like 5 Elders come up to me and tell me about a less active family that has two ex-missionaries that live right by our house and the church. These 5 Elders told me that if I could get this family in church that this place would turn around and guess what....THEY CAME ON SUNDAY!!! They are awesome. One of them was branch president right after his mission which was less than a year ago and now he’s dating a non member that wants to get baptized so she is dragging the whole family to church with her. I’m so excited! They are going to start working hard to help us with this girl so that she can change her life around and so that they can do the same with theirs. There is hope again in Reconquista! Ha-ha.

We also had a visit from an ex-missionary from Chile. She was way funny and loved to talk. We took some pictures with her which I’ll send sometime but it was cool and she is the second ex-missionary that I’ve met while being here. They always have funny stories to tell. Other than that it’s been just another week.

I think of you all very often and love you lots! Take care.

Tay

No comments: