Monday, January 25, 2010

Email Letter 25 January 2010

Hey Fam,

This is the last email i will be sending from the mission field. Its been a fast two years and sometimes it doesn't really feel real that its over. I don't think that it will hit me until I'm on the plane leaving Argentina. We all went from not really knowing what to expect to this. Its unreal and I'm going to miss the work.

We have had a good week. Im glad that i got a super good comp to help me finish the mission exactly how i wanted to...WORKING. we have had a lot of success and I'm leaving my area happy. We have 7 baptismal dates for the next few weeks and i know that the lord with help Elder Wald and his new comp to finish what has been started. There are so many great people in Las Lomitas that I'm sad to be leaving but they will be taken care of.

I've already packed and moved to the zone leaders area for the next few days. We decided that it would be less traveling and less stress to come a day early and to just work here with them until i leave on Wednesday. I have my last district meeting tonight and my last day of work tomorrow. We will be leaving to Resistencia on Wednesday and be having our last interview with President on Thursday. We’ll have dinner on Thursday night at the mission home and then they will put us on our bus to Buenos Aires that night. Its going to be a long week with all of the traveling and having to say goodbye to people that i might not ever see again. I think that thats the hardest part of the mission is having to say goodbyes but its something that we have to do.

I just want to leave you all with my testimony that i know this is the one true church, that Joseph Smith was called to be a prophet and to restore the church to the earth in these the last days. I know that because of that that President Thomas S. Monson is a prophet that has been called by revelation to guide us today. I know that President Monson knows Our father in heaven and his son Jesus Christ on a personal level because he is their chief representative in the world today. I know that the book of mormon is true from personal indescribable experiences. It's the word of God and it was written for our day. I know that the Lord Jesus Christ is our redeemer and that he makes is possible for us to be perfect through his Atonement. I love this church and this work with my whole heart and gaining that testimony during these two years had made me my best convert.

I love you all so much and thank you for your support. Take care and i will see you this week.

Elder Taylor A. B. King
Mision Argentina, Resistencia
January 23, 2008- January 27, 2010

No comments: