Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Email Letter 5 January 2010

Hey Fam,

So once again one day late but look at it this way...better late than never, right? I had forgotten to tell you that I wouldn’t be having pday yesterday due to my last zone conference. I think that it really kinda hit me yesterday that things are coming to an end. In conference they ask the elders that are going home to give their testimonies. It was one of the hardest things I’ve had to do in my mission. It was a very spiritual meeting. It was weird saying goodbye to the elders that I wont see before I leave and may never see again. It was hard to be there really. Haha.

This whole last week I spent in my bed. I was pretty sick. I don’t know with what but it seemed to be a different thing every day. I feel bad for my comp because he had to just sit around and read but he got to catch up on some sleep so I’m sure he enjoyed that. It will be good to get back to work tonight now that I’m feeling a bit better.

After that week on being in bed I’m not really sure how our investigators are so we will have to see about that. All week I have felt good about that family that I have told you about last week. I just think about them and feel okay that we haven’t been able to go but that when we will that they will be there and ready to listen.

On Sunday we had 9 people in church. Its different being in a small branch and not even having a chapel to meet in. We have a house that’s rented by the church where we meet. The spirit is still very strong with them because its much more reverent but I still like having lots of people around me and its always nice to have the help. We have been working with the members to understand things better and to help them progress and its nice to see that they are accepting it and applying it.

I love this work and yesterday like I said I’ve realized that I don’t have much time left. I’m going to make the best of it I can because there’s nothing better than being able to help others as a servant of the lord. Yesterday President del Castillo challenged the mission to read the Book of Mormon again from beginning to end marking all of the parts where the lord talks or it talks about him between now and ending right before Easter. It’s amazing the testimony that he bore that he’s already started and just within the title page, introduction, and the testimonies how many spiritual experiences he’s had. He promised all of us many blessings as we do the same. It’s going to be fun to do that at home but I’m sad that it wont be here. I love this work and I love the lord. Take care everyone and I’ll be seeing ya soon.

Tay

P.s. HAPPY BIRTHDAY LITTLE ONE!!! Love you!

No comments: