Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Email Letter - 02 July 2008

Hey family,

So things are going well and we found a new family the other day that we started teaching! I’m so excited because it has been a long time since we have found a good family. We just taught them about the restoration of course because that’s the start of it all. It was sad to see that my comp still can’t really teach all that well and I basically have to translate for him. It’s a tough situation to be in but I’m working on it as best as I can. I do all that I can to keep him animated as much as I can but he’s hard to keep up and smiling. I don’t really get why he’s so down all the time. I really feel like he doesn’t have the spirit with him because of all the worldly things on his mind all the time but I’m trying to work on that as well.

Today we met our new mission President, President Del Castillo and he is just so nice and so excited to be here. It was a really fast interview and I didn’t really get to talk to him all that much but he is just so busy right now seeing as how he’s only been here for 2 days and he’s trying to meet all of his missionaries so he doesn’t have a ton of time.

It’s hard to be gone at this time of year because it’s when we do the most family stuff I and really feel like I didn’t take enough advantage of that as I should have when I was there so it makes it that much harder. I really am so happy here though and as much as I want to be home this is such a great work and such a great thing to be doing...changing people’s lives.

So it’s really good to hear that everyone is so busy and that everyone is doing so well. I can’t tell you how happy I am that Jord is going back to school and its crazy how huge all of the boys are getting. I starting to put on some pounds but I’m trying to keep it to a low number. We eat a lot of pasta and don’t have a ton of time to exercise which is not a good combo. I have been told that the average missionary here looses about 15-30 pounds every summer which should help me out some. It’s just because we sweat so much that it just falls of like nothing. It’s not really the way I’d like to lose it but I guess it works. I just hate the heat and so it will suck.

Anyway I feel like I’m just rambling on with this one so I’ll just take off. I love you all so much. Take care and know that I think about you often. Tell the rest of the family hi for me at the reunion. Love you guys.

Tay

No comments: