Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Email Letter - 30 July 2008

Family,

So I didn’t get transferred. Our new president wants everyone to stay in their areas for a lot longer than Pres Shakespear did. It’s a little weird that I´m going to be in my first area for at least 6 months but it’s possible that it will be even more than that. I had almost packed all of my things and spent the last two days saying goodbye to the members. Ha-ha. Oh well I guess we’ll just have to do it again in a month and a half.

I’m going to be staying with Elder Adams as well. We heard that there were only 30 changes were made out of the usual 100. It´s sure a lot different and it didn’t take President Castillo a long time to change things and I’m sure that there is more to come.

So last weekend we had a huge 3 day rock concert in our area and there were so many weird people from all over Argentina walking around drunk and just messed up. It was so funny but just so sad at the same time. We handed out a few pamphlets on the word of wisdom and I hope that they read them and change their lives. There were so many signs saying that it was the biggest party of the year. Our house is more than a mile away from where it was but it kept me up all night one night because it was so loud. Some of the members said that it was pretty good though. I think that the biggest issue that our little town had was trying to find places for the people to sleep. It was a good opportunity to try to get some references for some other elders in other missions in Argentina but we couldn’t even do that because everyone we found didn’t want to listen.

There really hasn’t been anything big that has happened in the last week other than we had a lot of going away lunches and parties for me that were all in vain. Ha-ha. It was really funny to be honest. I’m sorry that this is so short and so boring but I want you all to know how much I love you. Take care.

Tay

No comments: