Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Email Letter - 16 July 2008

Hey Family,

So to start of this week’s e-mail I’m going to tell you all a little story...We were on our way to Saenz Pena this morning in a remis (a remis is just a taxi basically) anyway we were on our way here and all the sudden my comp rolled down his window and I smelled something foul so I asked him, Did you pass gas? And he said yeah so I just shrugged it off but a few minutes went by and I asked him if he could roll up the window because there was a girl in the car that was cold and he said ¨dude I just crapped my pants¨ I just kinda looked at him in shock for a second and said that we only had about 20 more minutes to go until we were there so if he could hold the rest it would be good. About 3 minutes later he rolled down his window all the way and said that it was too late and that he had let it all go. How sad for him but how funny for me and the other missionaries.

When we got out of the car and walked into the pension (house) of the other elders he went straight to the bathroom and was in there for about an hour and a half just cleaning everything up. Needless to say it smelled so bad. All and all it was sad for him but oh so funny for me. Something I’ll never forget.

Other than that event this week has just been so slow. We can’t seem to find people to teach and it’s just depressing. I feel like I could be doing so much better here but I don’t know what I’m doing wrong. We have transfers in two weeks and I think that it’s my turn to go. We obviously don’t know until the night before but I have been in this area for a long time and it’s really time for me to leave.

This Sunday I am giving a talk about missionary work and I’m excited about it this time because I can speak better and almost get what I want to say out in a way that everyone can understand. I’m going to be using quotes from preach my gospel and tell the members that they really need to step it up and help us out.

We just helped our branch president come up with a branch mission plan that is going to do wonders I think and really help to stress the importance of sharing the gospel with your friends and others that you meet so that they can have the same joy as we have in our lives. I hope that my talk will help them to progress and understand that it’s important for them to get the blessing of being a missionary in their homes as well. It’s an exciting work and I’m happy to be here doing it. That’s all I have for this week but as always I want you all to know how much I love you. Take care.

Tay

No comments: