Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Email Letter - 23 July 2008

Family,

I Finished 6 months today!! It’s crazy how fast time is going for me and I wonder if it’s the same for all of you. Sometimes it seems to go by kinda slow but then I sit there at think about things are it has gone so fast. Tonight I will be burning a tie...of course not one of my own because you all know how I cherish those but my comp is giving me one of his to burn. What a nice guy and guess what! He didn’t have any accidents this week. Woo hoo!

It’s fun to get all of the updates on everything that is going on with all of you every week and I feel like I’m missing so much. I however don’t like to hear about how bad my poor little puppy boomer is doing. I hope everything works out with him and that he’s just fine.

So next week are transfers and although with President Shakespear it would be for sure that I’m moving we´re not so sure how the new president operates so we´ll see. It’s nice that everyone thinks I’m leaving and I’m milking it for all its worth because it’s getting us lunches everyday and I love it. It’s saving me money and its good food.

All and all things have been going well and we are still trying to find people to teach. We have been doing a lot of contacting without a lot of success but we will continue to do so and I’m sure that we´ll find someone that is ready to listen. We have been having some good success with our inactive members and we will continue to work with them as well. It is really hard to look at all the youth that go to seminary but don’t have the desire to go to church for one reason or another. There is one boy in particular that doesn’t understand why God lets bad things happen to people if he knows everything. They are just so thick headed and it’s really quite sad that they don’t even want to listen to an explanation. They just lack the faith that they need to be strong members. I guess that it’s just a little bit harder when you don’t live in Utah being surrounded by good influences. But just like with all the rest I have faith that they will figure it out in time and do what’s right.

I have been studying the talks from general conference and there is a part of President Uchtdorf´s talk from the priesthood session that hit me and that I love. He said...¨remember, the heavens will not be filled with those who never made mistakes but with those who recognized that they were off course and who corrected their ways to get back in the light of the gospel truth.¨ how cool is that. I love you all and pray for you as well. Take care.

Tay

No comments: