Thursday, July 10, 2008

Email Letter - 10 July 2008

Hey Fam,

So last week on Thursday we met an ex-elder that is here visiting from the states with his girlfriend. They were so nice and it was fun to visit with them so much. The girlfriend didn’t know any Spanish so the elder was translating everything for her all the time. She was happy that she could speak some English to us while they were in villa Angela. They were so nice and they both bore their testimonies in church on Sunday, she started to cry. Ha-ha. On Monday we had a family home evening with them and with the branch president’s family and it was really fun and really spiritual. Whenever elder Harris would talk (that is the ex-elders name) I would translate for her so that she knew what was going on. It was fun and surprising that I was able to do it.

Also last Saturday I bought some hair clippers and buzzed my head down to 3/8in. which just looks so good. I actually like it...sometimes. On Sunday I joined the choir in our branch as well, they heard me sing one time and so on Sunday they cornered me and told me that I had to sing in the choir. Ha-ha. I don’t mind but I don’t feel like I can sing all that well, I guess they think otherwise. They sad thing is that I don’t think that I’ll be in this area next transfer so they won’t have me singing with them for much longer.

Yesterday was Independence Day here in Argie land and it was just a lot different than it is in the states. When you’re in the states you see flags and red, white, and blue everywhere but here you see a flag every few stores and they don’t seem to have a ton of pride. Other than that it was pretty much the same minus the parade.

We are in Saenz Pena and we went to one branch and had a bbq which was so good! We just ate chicken and rice but it was good. Then after that we went all the way to the other side of town and played soccer with another branch for like 6 hours. I’m not a big soccer guy but it was a lot of fun. It got pretty heated when it was members vs. elders and they beat us pretty bad but I’m surprised that there wasn’t more blood than there was. People were pushing and throwing elbows and just beating each other up. We had the strength but they had the skills. It was a lot of fun and no hard feelings between anyone...I don’t think.

It was a long day and I’m really tired and sun burned pretty bad but it was just a lot of fun. We aren’t having a lot of success in our area but I’m still trying to keep my comp going and we are working hard. That’s all for this week but I love you guys so much and as always I think about you often. Take care.

Tay

ps. here is a pic of me playing paddleball with my new haircut.


No comments: