Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Email Letter 08 July 2009

Hey Fam,

Well today we are in Corrientes Capital hanging out with lots of other elders and some Sisters as well. We all met up at the mall and had breakfast at McDonalds and then went and played soccer for 2 hours at this indoor soccer place with like 30-40 missionaries which was awesome. It was a lot of fun hanging out with lots of friends that I don’t see very often.

We have our meetings in Resistencia again tomorrow for zone leaders which is why we are here. I’m pretty excited for the meetings. Alter we played we went back to the mall for lunch and then we went bowling. It’s been a good day so far. It’s been at interesting week. Let’s just say that my new comp is not Elder Rapp…and leave it at that. He’s from Las Vegas and is the youngest of 10 kids. Overall he’s a nice guy but it’s going to take awhile for us to get along I think.

So on Sunday Hugo Navarro got ordained a Priest so they now have Priesthood in the house which they love and then that night we went over to set goals with the family because I’m trying to do that with all of the families in the Branch. It’s a new idea that I’m trying out and it’s working well. We started talking about the temple and how there is a temple trip planned for Friday and Saturday this week and I could tell that Solange the 16 year old was a little down so I asked her if she wanted to go, she looked up and me with a smile and said… “I can go?” and so we explained that she could go and do baptisms if she wanted so I left her with all the sections of doctrine and covenants that talk about it for her to read and told her that I would pay for her if she wanted to go. You guessed it; she had her interview last night and is so excited to go. I’m really excited that she’s going as well. I think that it will help her a lot and that she will get a much stronger testimony after having done the work for her ancestors. They leave on Friday night and come home Saturday night. I love that family!

Other than that things are pretty much normal. I have a huge testimony of fasting and to talking to everyone we see. It’s been so amazing what blessings the two together bring. I love this work. I miss you guys and pray for you often. Take care!

Tay

No comments: