Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Email Letter 22 July 2009

Hey Fam,

So no real big news this week. I’m feeling much better and I should be just fine within a few days.

So I told you about that young family that we found didn’t I? Well they are amazing! I’m very excited to keep teaching them. The other night we watched the restoration movie with them and they loved it. It was a good lesson. Their little baby is just so cute. She’s almost two weeks old too. Her name is Jennifer and she’s tiny! As we were walking out Alexander (the dad) said… “Wait! You didn’t mark anything for us to read.” I can’t say that I’ve had investigators say that to me very many times. They seem to be really excited to listen. They are both 21 so we get along with them really well.

Not much else has happened. Tomorrow we have a baptism of one of the kids of a new convert. Elder Rapp and I had been trying to get some of these kids baptized but they just wouldn’t budge and then the other day we went over there and I asked them again if they wanted to get baptized because it had been a long time since we’ve asked and one of them said YES! I want you to baptize me on my birthday. She turns 9 tomorrow and she wants me to baptize her. We are going to keep working on the other two but for now I’m happy that at least one of the three wants to.

We are being really blessed here and it’s amazing how things change. This area didn’t have a baptism for a year and then in January they had one and we’ve had 7 since and one more tomorrow. The members are going crazy and they love helping us. I can’t explain how much I love these people and how amazing they are. Things are just great!

Elder Hunsaker and I still have some things to work out but I’m sure at some point we will get it. It has to come or things won’t keep going like this.

On Sunday we spoke in Sacrament meeting and I came down hard on the members and myself really. I spoke on Pride and I took a lot of stuff from one of my favorite talks “Beware of Pride” by President Benson. I loved speaking and I think it went really well. I hope that we can all change to be better people. I think my next talk will be taken from Elder Holland’s talk “The other Prodigal” it’s also really good.

Its sounds like everything is going well at home and I love hearing about that.

Take care everyone! Love you all.

Tay

No comments: