Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Email Letter 01 July 2009

Hey Fam,

We had our baptism on Saturday and it was amazing!

Let’s go back to Friday though. At 10:30am Graciela and Hugo got married and they had their parents that traveled to see it and a few other friends and lots of members for support. That night our Relief Society President and Solange got a surprise party ready as a reception. It went perfectly! Everyone cried at some point and we ate empanadas and pizza and cake and they all danced around and it was lots of fun. I think that it changed the way a lot of the family thinks about the church because our members are so amazing and are so loving.

Then on Saturday they got baptized. The water was so cold but it didn’t matter! The service was so spiritual. One of the other elders and I sang and the primary girls did as well. The spirit was so strong and we were all so happy. On Sunday they got confirmed and Graciela gave her first talk and didn’t really even use notes!!! I also talked about fathers and the role that they have in the family. All and all it was really an amazing experience. They are so amazing that I can’t explain it with words.

There are Preach my Gospel DVDs that the church has made and we gave those to them to watch because they want to be missionaries and want to know how to do it. They have given away many copies of the Book of Mormon with their testimonies inside and have taught people how to pray. I honestly can’t tell you how happy I am and how blessed we were to find them. It was a miracle and they lord did bless us.

So as you know I have a new comp because Elder Rapp’s two years are up. I’m staying here in Paso de los Libres and Zone Leader 1 or senior companion. My new comp is Elder Hunsaker and I don’t know him. I know that he goes home in 4 months which is 3 more transfers. I’m excited to meet him. Things are good and ill have lots more to tell you about my new comp next week. Love you guys!!

Tay

No comments: