Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Email Letter 15 July 2009

Hey Fam,

Things have gone well this week other than I’m sick again. I just can’t seem to stay healthy.

So last week as you know we had our zone leader meetings in Resistencia and just as I was sitting down to eat breakfast with all of the other elders the zone leader from Reconquista (my last area) came up and said “elder king I have some bad news for you, Pico (my first baptism) died about three weeks ago. I’m sorry” I guess he died in his sleep. He was only 24 years old but had some health issues and it just got to him. I’m grateful that he accepted the gospel when he did though and now I don’t have to worry about whether or not I'll see him again.

On a lighter note, we had our zone conference yesterday and it was amazing as usual. President talked about prayer and it made me and I think everyone else realize that we have no idea how to pray. He said that he had and still has a lot to change about his prayers but that we can make them more meaningful and sincere as we study. I just love when he teaches.

As sick and horrible as I felt yesterday I built up the strength to just sit and listen and it helped me so much. It’s just reaffirming every time he talks that he really is called of God to be leading this mission right now.

Not much has been going on as of late but we did find this young family that we are teaching. They are really nice and they had a baby on Friday. It’s so cute and I’m excited to see them progress. This is a short one this week but not much is going on so just know that I love you. Take care.

Tay

1 comment:

Cynthia's Blog said...

I hope you get better. My brother went to Bolivia many, many years ago and his tummy was never the same. Drink lots of water. I liked the Prayer advice.