Thursday, August 27, 2009

Email Letter 27 August 2009

Hey Fam,

So it’s been a good week. Yesterday we traveled to Resistencia for our meetings with the other zone leaders. Once again we left at 1:30am yesterday morning from Pasos and got to Corrientes Capital at around 6:30am. We sat at the terminal and waited for some other elders and then when they got there we went to Wal-Mart and got donuts. Oh they were so good! Just like the states. Then we crossed the bridge into Resistencia and went to the mission office and had some lunch and from there we went to the mission home for the meetings that started at noon. We finished with the meetings and dinner at 7 and went back to the office for awhile and then crossed back over to Corrientes at around 9pm and went to the terminal to wait for our bus that left at 1am this morning. We pulled into the terminal here in Pasos at around 6 and went home and slept. I don’t mind traveling that much but I just can’t sleep on these busses. Some of them are really nice and some of them just aren’t.

I loved the meetings though. The best part is always President del Castillo’s doctrine. Yesterday he talked about how the Book of Mormon is really another testament of Jesus Christ. He used two chapters in Ether that have so much doctrine about Christ that you can’t find something that specific in any other Holy Writ. It was amazing and it was written 1200 years before Christ. He talked about all the things that happened during the translation and you can really tell that this book was a miracle that the Lord had just for our day.

On Sunday we had another baptism. Her name is Sylvana and she’s Debora’s (the little girl I baptized about a month ago) sister. It was a nice simple service and I’m glad that she finally decided to get baptized. We are going to try to have three more baptisms this Sunday but I’m not sure if we are going to pull it off because of all the traveling we’ve had to do. We shall see though.

We have had some obedience issues in the zone with some other Elders and it’s just so tiring. I guess I know what it’s like to be a parent now but with older kids that act like little kids. It’s tough sometimes. I’m sure it will all go away soon though and we will get it back together. It’s not anything serious just little dumb stuff so it will all be fine.

It’s starting to get hot again, I hate the heat!! It’s not too bad yet so I’m surviving but it’s still pretty warm outside.

Over all things are going pretty good. I didn’t get sick this time traveling which is a miracle! I love all of you and I hope that you’re all doing just as well as I am. Good luck boys in the game tomorrow and congrats on the big win. Hope you had a good birthday Quin!! Love you guys.

Tay

No comments: