Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Email Letter 12 August 2009

Hey Fam,

This week as been pretty relax. We found out last night that I will be staying here with Elder Hunsaker for at least one more transfer. I’m happy that I’m staying because I feel like there is a lot of work still to be done and a lot of people still to be baptized.

We had the Baptism of Maria on Saturday and it went really well. It was pretty funny too. I have to keep lying to people and tell them that the water is really hot and that they will love it but when they take that first step into the ice cold water I love the reaction. She stepped in and screamed and backed back out and said that she wasn’t going to get in. our branch president was the one doing the baptism so he helped her in and she got baptized. It was pretty funny though. I’m still trying to figure out how we can get the heater fixed to give us some hot water for the next one but I just don’t know what to do. Ha-ha.

Things are going really well here and all of the members are really excited to help us in the work. I can’t ever explain how wonderful they are. Especially our Relief Society President. She is awesome!

I have a funny story, the other day we were walking home and we got to the railroad tracks and the train was coming. It’s hard to understand this next part because this could never happen in the states but just hang with me. The people always pass through the railroad arms if the train isn’t quite there yet but at this point they weren’t even down and the train was getting closer and closer. (They have people put they arms down manually, it’s not automatic) so people were going through and there was this guy on his scooter that started to go through and decided that the train was too close so he stopped and as the railroad arms went down it hit him in the head. Ha-ha. Luckily he was wearing a helmet which is really rare here or he would have been knocked out. That’s my funny story for the week. If you didn’t laugh I don’t blame you because I’m sure it’s one of those things you have to be there for to really enjoy. It’s also not as funny as what happened to carter and mom. Good one guys!

Well I love you all. Hope all is well and I will be praying for Gramp.

Tay

No comments: