Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Email Letter 05 August 2009

Hey Fam,

Things have been going really well. We are getting ready for our baptism this Saturday of a girl named Maria. She is 22 and a family friend of our first counselor in the branch. Then next week we have the baptism of that little girl Debora’s brother and sister. We have been working with them a lot and they have finally budged and want to get baptized. I can’t explain it, well I think I can. The Lord has been blessing us and our area. We are finding all the right people and we are having lots of success.

On Saturday we had our interviews with President del Castillo and I went in and we sat down and the first thing he said to me was “Elder King, President dos Santos just begged me to keep you here, what makes him think that you’re leaving?” our district President had asked him if I could stay at least one more transfer. I thought that it was really cool that he did that and it shows that maybe they like me just a little bit here in Pasos. I don’t think that I will be leaving because president del Castillo said well Elder I don’t have any plans for making changes here but the Lord is the one that says who stays and who goes. I think that everyone, including me is praying that I stay. I love this place and I don’t think that there are members like this anywhere else.

Not much else has gone on. We continue to see the miracles and I thank the Lord every day. I think that after Pres. Castillo talked about prayer my prayers have become more meaningful and I can feel the spirit much more and I know that’s why we are working so well right now.

It sounds like things are going really well at home and I’m sad that I’m going to have to miss another football season but I can’t complain because I know I’m supposed to be here. I love you all. Take care.

Tay

No comments: